Blogroll

Saturday 22 December 2012

December So Far...

December in Instagram: marieelton

Apologies for the lack of posts for the last 10 days. I've been super busy at work as well as basically giving up on my camera so having been stuck in a bit of a blogging rut! I hate it, and I really miss blogging regularly. It is difficult I will admit, working full time - so its pitch black when I get home each evening, as well as having a lack of space to actually take photos as I'm currently squished in my bedroom at my parent's house with Jack! My camera has also given up on focusing so its really hard to get decent photos recently. I think I'm going to have to upgrade my blogging equipment in the new year! Can anyone suggest some decent lighting?

Anywho, maybe a little update with what's going on with me? Jack and I have finally found our own little house and are due to move in March! We're really excited, and I think our catchphrase from now until then is going to be 'roll on March!', as it's all getting a little intense living at home after being used to have our own flat for the last year!

I've been working at my new job for 4 months now, and I think I'm settling in well! Getting to grips with the responsibilities that come with the roll and looking forward to progressing my career. I was project manager for the last month or so for the annual Children's Christmas Party we hold in the atrium in our building. It was an amazing experience to organise a party on such a large scale (500 guests) and get to see the kids having such a great time on the night! I managed to get reindeer's and an owl for the party (probably more for my sake then the kids?!) and it went down amazingly. So pleased with myself for volunteering myself at work and hopefully I've made a good impression on my colleagues! 

Jack's going home up North for Christmas on Monday, leaving me with my crazy family for a few days - so we'll just see how Christmas turns out this year! Nevertheless, I am attempting to remain excited for Christmas! Anyone else feeling the same??

5 comments:

  1. Ah that's so exciting that you have a house to move into!! Sounds like you're doing super in your job!
    I LOVE the muppets christmas carol! If i make it home tomorrow I might watch it Monday :)

    Robyn Mayday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great photos,you look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! Congrats on the new house :). I know what you mean about working full time and trying to find time to blog, it is tough!

    e x

    ReplyDelete