Blogroll

Monday 11 June 2012

How I Fill In My Brows: Born Pretty Eyebrow Kit


It's only been a recent change to my make up routine that has seen me filling in my eyebrows on a daily basis. I began a few months a go, simply filling in with a dark brown eye brow pencil, but have been very keen on trying an eyebrow powder. So, when the lovely people from Born Pretty ever so kindly sent me their eyebrow kit, I was very excited to try it out.

As you probably know, thick, defined eyebrows are a key make up trend, carrying over from A/W into the summer. My initial concern with filling in my brows was that they'd just look bushy and look very obviously filled in, but to be honest, I couldn't of been more wrong. Filling in your brows is a great way to either finish off a look, or to make yourself look more put together when wearing little make up. And its really very simple, here's how I do mine:

Brows before: I pluck my eye brows on a near daily basis. Eye brows grow through so quickly, so its important to maintain them as often as you can. I never go to get mine waxed or threaded, so its especially important for me to keep onto of eyebrow hair growth.
As you can see, my eyebrows are naturally very dark, virtually black, so they already quite defined by themselves. I have quite a good natural arch to my brows, so when plucking and filling in, the main area I tend to concentrate on in the inner, thicker section of the brow.

Filling in the brow: The brush supplied with this eyebrow kit is the same that will come with most decent kits; a small angled brush, ideal for creating a sharp, defined shape. I used the darker brown shade and coated my brush thoroughly with the powder as I needed to create a darker shade as possible to blend with my natural eyebrow colour.  I then began by almost drawing a line the height of my inner brow, just in front of where my natural brown begins, towards the middle of my head. I then proceeded to brush right a long the top of my brow, to create a thicker effect. Then, after topping up my brush, filled in the rest of the brow, concentrating on the inner brow area, for a consistent and solid eyebrow colour.

Finished eyebrows! Filling in your eyebrows is as easy as simply drawing and colouring in your eyebrows to your desired look. Just make sure you don't get too carried away! Remember, filling in your brows is about enhancing your natural shape, not creating a completely different shape all together. If your brows are too sharp or square, you can use the sponge end of the brush to soften the edges, making the brow look more natural.

As a kit, I am quite impressed. For $6.99 (converted to roughly £4.55), you get two good quality powders and very soft and usable brush, which aids the application process perfectly. Saying this, even this kit in the darkest brown still realistically is not dark enough for my eyebrows, and I think I can only just about get away with it. On that note I would definitely recommend for those with slightly lighter brows than myself. Using the code 'MA5J61' on the Born Pretty website will get you 5% off too. 

21 comments:

  1. I have such eyebrow envy of you! haha they look amazing! x


    unciaandtigris.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have really great eyebrows, looks like this is a great kit!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great product, and so reasonably priced! I use the Benefit Brow Zings which is £22.50 =/ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really good actually, especially for the price

      Delete
  4. I love eyebrow posts! Yours look fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brows look perfect! Lovely post lady, great alternative to the Benefit Brow Zings that Tattoed Tealady mentioned Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your eyebrows have such a lovely shape! i use the sleek brow kit which contains a wax and a powder and i don't know how i lived without it! this seems just as good too, may give it a little try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean I should try to do something with my eye brows;)=) you look amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serious brow envy right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved reading this. Your eyebrow shape is perfect!
    Ashllyd

    ReplyDelete
  10. REALLY GORGEOUS ...Brow envy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have a great eyebrow shape and this kit sounds really good, great value! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the review and tutorial, I've always wanted to know how to do it properly so thanks for this! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Transformation complete. I'm trying to get mine together as well.

    Candid Insiprations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your eyebrows look great, I can never really be bothered with my eyebrows!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also have really dark eyebrows, I've never really bothered with them much in terms of filling them in until now. I'm still getting the hang of it to be honest.

    You look lovely! Thanks for sending me your link via twitter!

    Amy x
    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its been a recent thing for me really. Love it now, can't imagine not doing it!

      Delete
  16. I am so obsessed with seeing how people do their brows at the moment! Mine are so blonde and sparse that they're just pointless! Yours are naturally gorgeous but I love the shape you fill them in to! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete