Blogroll

Sunday 11 November 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Marie Loves!

 A Year In Outfit Posts

I can't believe I've been running my little bloggy for a year now. It has actually flown past! But it has been an amazing journey and so encouraging watching it grow and flourish as the past year has progressed. I have to say, and I think most bloggers would agree, starting Marie Loves has been one of the best decisions I ever made. It's amazing how something so enjoyable can be so rewarding and extremely beneficial in so many ways.

Primarily, I began my blog as a way to write about one of my biggest passions, fashion and beauty, whilst hoping to connect with like-minded individuals who swoon over the same pretty little things that I do. However, I also began blogging as a demonstration to potential employees that I was capable of working on something outside of my degree, to show initiative and dedication - I would definitely say blogging has proven itself a valuable asset to my CV. The biggest example of this being that it was the main point of conversation when it came to both my internship and the interview for my current job. 

As much as my blog has taken a lot of dedication, including hours upon hours of getting ready, taking photos, testing out products and so on, my blog would not be what it is without the amazing beauty bloggers community that I am so proud to be a part of! I would definitely say integrating yourself with fellow bloggers makes blogging the most worth while, and the #bbloggers chat on a Sunday night (despite the occasional dramas) has now long been a perfect way to end my weekend.

A special shout out to some of favourite bloggers right from the beginning goes to Nicola, Sian, Tereza, Kat, Rebecca, Katy, Paula, Eloise, Sarirah, Lizzie, Leigh, Fee, Ysis and Corrie. These girls have inspired me as well as given me some major outfit/hair/make up envy over the past year, and it has been amazing to see all your blogs achieve the greatness and more they deserve! 


So here's to many more years of Marie Loves! Thank you to all my followers, I hope you've enjoyed my posts so far ;)

33 comments:

  1. Aw you babe! Happy blog birthday lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwh, thanks lovely!:) And CONGRATULATIONS!!! *little happy dance* Your blog is and has always been so amazing & inspirational! Can't believe it's been a year! O.O xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're so sweet!! Thank you babe, I really do think you and your blog are fantastic! X

      Delete
  3. Happy 1st Blog Birthday!!! It's amazing how successful you've been in just a year - huge congrats to you :) I always look forward to seeing your posts on my feed!

    Robyn Mayday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you babe, I really appreciate that! I love your blog, you always give me major outfit envy! So glad I found it :) x

      Delete
  4. Oh you have some wonderful clothes! Happy blog birthday :)

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe your blog is one! You have achieved so much and i have loved seeing it progress to how lovely it is now, well done lovely! And thank you so much for the shoutout, put a smile right on my face sweetie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh glad to put a smile on your face babe! I've really appreciated your support over this past year x

      Delete
  6. Happy blog birthday lovely lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute post and i understand what you mean about your blog being a useful asset :) here's too more years haha <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww congratulations what lovely words! Its no wonder you blog is so popular you're gorgeous!!! Heres to another year of fabulousness
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 1st blogabirthday! And thank you for the shout out lovely! It's such a pleasure to see how successful your blog has become and an honor to think I've in any way inspired you especially because you've done the same for me. ;)
    Keep being awesome. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a sweetheart Sarirah! I feel completely the same about you and your blog! X

      Delete
  10. Happy 1st blog birthday! congrats at how far your blog has come x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your first year of blogging :) you have created such a wonderful blog that I know I and sooo many others love reading. Your style always impresses me and makes me a teeny bit jealous haha

    Also thank you for the lovely mention :)

    Looking forward to lots more from your lovely blog,

    Fee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, thank you Fee! I just adore your blog and you're such a lovely girl so it means so much coming from you! X

      Delete
  12. Happy first blog birthday! :)
    Your blog and yourself have both come a long way since the beginning and I'm sure you and it will continue to flourish throughout the next year. :)
    Caroline.x

    ps - reading your blog ALWAYS gives me hair envy..lol

    starsandthebutterflies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you sweetie, means a lot coming from you! You've been so supportive over the past year :) x

      Delete
  13. this is so random , but I live in Milton Keynes and there's a girl that gets on my bus that's a spitting image of you - so weird but yeah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's probably me!! Come say hi next time!

      Delete
  14. Cheers to you! Very awesome that you have continued your blog for a year. I look forward to many more years to come.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Clothes for Less

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its so lovely and I cant wait for many more years. Congrats! :)

    Angela @ The Lovely Cup

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, HAPPYBIRTHDAY Marie Loves!!!! Can't wait for the other years

    Lauren,
    Fashionswirls.blogspot.com

    UK GIVEAWAY ON laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww cheers sweetness, youa re a doll. Your blog is sooo great and love your youtube tutorials more please!!!

    Well done hun and I can see your blog being even bigger ans greater than it is already .

    Much Love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you lovely lady! I feel like I've known you through our blog's right from the very beginning!! :) x

      Delete
  18. n'aww big big happy birthday marie to your blog! you most certainly should be proud! it's a good blog. and don't forget that.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have the cutest clothes, I swear! I love that light pink peplum top. Congrats by the way! You and your blog are an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's so lovely of you babe! Have always loved yours! Always thought it was so impressive! X

      Delete
  20. I just found your blog! I adore it. You look great and im excited to read more about you.
    xoxo

    thepolishthief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Blog Birthday!! I love your style so much <3 You have an amazing blog :)
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete