Blogroll

Sunday 27 November 2011

My All Time Favourites


001. The Body Shop's Big and Curvy Mascara is by far the best mascara I've ever had. I originally got it as a sample from Body Shop and was so blown away that I brought a new bottle straight away as a back up. I do like my mascara's thick and dark, giving me a heavy look to define my eyes, and with a few coats this is what big and curvy delivers. I've been though a lot of mascara's in my 21 years, but I think I have found my faithful companion in this mascara. Proving that big and curvy, is beautiful!

002. My two must use hair products, both of which I came across completely by accident. Firstly, Morrison's Heat Protection Spray. I was out of heat defence, so picked up the cheapest bottle I could find on my weekly food shop. I'm sure it cost £2 or less. This spray for starters, smells AMAZING! No exaggeration, it's like pure mangos or something. It doesn't leave your hair feeling stiff or make it greasy easily like I've found with previous heat defence sprays, and it's defiantly done the job when it comes to protecting my hair from daily blow drying, straightening and curling.
Secondly, Boot's Coconut & Almond Leave-in Conditioner for normal to dry hair. I am always after the latest product to keep my hair soft and healthy, as I tend to avoid the hairdresser quite often and, as I mentioned before it's important that I defend my hair from the daily wear and tear of styling. Now, I can honestly say, this is the best leave-in conditioner I've ever used. Not normally one to use leave-in conditioners as I normally find they make my hair greasy, I picked this one up as part of a 3 for 2 promotion when I was in need of a third item. I gave it a go that night and haven't looked back since. Spraying it from my mids to ends liberally when my hair is still damp, this spray kept my hair soft against the holiday elements of the sun and salty sea. It also has seen me through the change of seasons, as my hair normally starts to dry out as we move from summer to winter.

003. Urban Decay's Naked Eye Palette is by far my favourite eye make up palette I've ever owned. I think it's fair to say this palette is loved by many cosmetics lovers, and I am definitely one of them. I'm a huge fan of eye make up, it's my favourite part of doing my make up. Naked offers an amazing set of neutral and nude shades along with some sparkly smokey colours, giving your look depth. The colour pay off for all the colours is amazing, the shades, especially the darker colours are so pigmented and I never experience any fall out. Although this palette may be slightly on the pricey side, I think it's definitely an investment worth making. And word on the street is that Urban Decay are releasing Naked 2! OH the excitement!

004. Last, but by no means least, my favourite make up product of all time, 17's Shine Control Pressed Powder. I've been using this powder since I first started wearing make up. I'm lucky enough that they've continued to sell this powder for the last 7 years, but I suppose it goes to show I'm not this only one who depends on this product! Shine control is a major concern for a lot of girls. I have quite oily skin, admittedly not as oily as it was when I was younger but it's still an on going issue. However, my shine is beautifully concealed by 17's Shine Control. After I've applied my foundation and concealer, I apply the powder over my whole face. It has great coverage, covering blemishes well and give a flatteringly smooth finish. I don't think I'll ever be without this powder. And as long as they keep selling it, I'll keep buying it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment