Blogroll

Saturday 3 March 2012

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer

I ordered Benefit's Boi-ing concealer back in December, when I was on the hunt for some high end treats. It's claim that it was a 'industrial strength concealer' is what sold me!

I love Benefit as a brand, all their products are so beautifully packaged and they always seems to give you plenty of product. The Boi-ing concealer is no exception to this! It comes in the cutest little pink, vintage design box which I couldn't help but swoon over when I received it. However, not so keen on the actually pan it comes it, it's a shiny finish, so a little fiddly to open when you've got moisturiser or foundation all over your mitts!

At first, I found the product a little greasy to the touch, which isn't the kind of thing I like to go for with having oily skin. I was applying with my finger, as advised by Benefit, but not really getting much colour pay off. Initially, I was disappointed obviously. Howeverrrr, I stuck with it and after a few applications I got to grips with it. The key is to give a good rub in one spot in the pan with your finger, this way, the product softens and you pick up a lot more concealer on your finger.

The application of this concealer is so, so smooth, it goes on like a dream in fact. The coverage is decent, and it does last all day. However, I do question it's 'industrial strength'. I picked it up in the shade 01 light, as I mainly use concealers to brighten up my under eye circles and lids. Boi-ing is available in three different shades: 01 light, 02 medium, and 03 deep.

One of the main things I love about this concealer is its texture. It's not a thick, heavy cream, so it doesn't cake when applied. It goes on very discreetly and blends so easily. However, I do question how well it would work on drier skin types, as I have read reviews online saying that it got drier on their skin as the day went on, and settled into the lines on their face.

Overall, an impressive concealer, unlike any I have tried before. It's 'industrial strength' is, however, questionable. So if you suffer from major break outs, I would research this product a little more before investing. 

15 comments:

  1. I wanted to try a benefit concealer but settled on trying the erase paste x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this as well and love it too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always apply concealer with my finger, otherwise I find it takes ages to build up layers to actually conceal a blemish. I often ponder over benefit products - mainly because of their gorgeous packaging (!) but I'm nervous about spending that much when I have a perfectly good concealer already - my preference is collection 2000 ~

    simplesophiecn.blogspot.com ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah with concealer's its all about finding one that suits you! I've heard a lot of good things about the collection 2000 one, but am yet to try!

      Delete
  4. I love a Benefit treat to! I find that if I team it with Lemon Aid it conceals amazingly. I think it's because the yellow neutralises an area then the Boi-ing conceals

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so gorgeous! I wanted to try this out for a while. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review havn't used boi-ing for agggeesss and now I might go and treat myself :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love boiing too! it's so creamy and looks lovely on the skin. nice review :) xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Benefit really do have the cutest packaging. I've been using Benefits 'Erase Paste' for a while but I think I may try this out when its used up.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really tempted to try the erase paste now!!

      Delete
  9. I have a KIKO concealer which is in a stick form so I don't apply with my fingers as it's easier to just colour in like a crayon haha. It sounds like a nice concealer but I break out alot so it's probably not best for me atm. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha like the idea of colouring in like a crayon!

      Delete
  10. I have Boiing, it's probably my second favourite concealer after my Collection 2000 one!
    You look stunning btw :)
    x

    ReplyDelete