Blogroll

Monday 5 March 2012

Khloe Kardashian Daytime Make Up Look Recreated




Khloe Kardashian has been all over the press this past month, promoting the second series of one of my favourites, Khloe & Lamar. 

As a fanatic Kardashian fan, what better idea than to recreate the gorgeous Khloe's make up when she appear on US chat show 
Live! With Kelly in early February. The beautiful Khloe wore a simple and soft daytime look, but still included her signature smokey eye. Here's how I recreated it:

Face

I started with Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation in shade True Ivory. (Read review here) What you want for this look is really any medium to full coverage foundation, as Khloe has a very flawless and done up look. I then used Natural Collection's Cover-Up stick in Fair all round the eyes, hiding any darkness, and used the Corrector stick over a couple of red blemishes. We're really trying to create as even a skin tone as possible, finishing off with Collection 2000's Press Powder in Candlelight to lock it all in and providing a good basis for the contour. 

Contouring
This is probably the most important element of any Kardashian look. Contouring is easier than it seems, and gives your face more angles than you ever thought you had. I took MUA's Bronzer powder in Shade 2, and with a narrow brush (I used a blusher brush but a contour brush is much more practical) suck your cheeks in a sweep at an angle right underneath the cheekbones, heading towards mid ear. Then follow this up the temples, along the hair line. Follow this by hitting either side of your forehead, and round the top as well. Remember to keep close to the hair line, you don't want big orange splodges on your face. Then take it along underneath the jaw line, heading towards the chin but don't go all the way. This carefully placed bronzer creates shadows, creating the illusion of much more defined facial features. 

Highlighting
I took Technic's High Lights, and dabbed this along the top of my the apples of my cheeks, above the contour and just underneath my eye. Using my ring finger, I dabbed the product about until it was distributed evenly. The key when using a liquid highlighter is to dab, not rub in, as the colour will just group together and not spread evenly. I then proceeded to dab some down the centre of my nose and repeated the same technique using my ring finger to distribute the product. I also added a little to my cupid's bow, adding some additional glow. The highlight works well with the contour, giving you a healthy glow.

Eyes
I began the eyes with MUA's Eyes Primer, then as a base used Collection 2000's Colour Intense Solo Eye Shadow in Frosting. Using a a small round top eye shadow brush I covered the eye lid and highlighted the inner tear duct, bringing it underneath and round the inner eye. I then used the Naked 1 palette, and took a mixture of Virgin and Sin on the same brush and swept that over the entire lid, leaving the inner corners. I then took a clean brush and dabbed in Buck the gently swept this in the crease of both eyes. If you don't have the Naked 1 palette, any pale cream and matt brown shades will do. I then created a cat eye with Collection 2000's Fast Stroke liquid eye liner, ensuring it wasn't too heavy and the flick wasn't too long as it is a day time look. I followed this with Collection 2000's Kohl eye liner in Black along the waterline. I then used a small, angled brush, dipped it in some matt black eye shadow and lined along the bottom of both eyes, joining the cat eye at the outer corners. Then finished the eyes off with The Body Shop's Big and Curvy mascara. 

Eyebrows
The Kardashian's always have lovely thick and defined eyebrows, so I used 17's Eyebrow Shaper pencil in Natural Brown and shaped my inner brows to a much more square shape, then lightly dragged the pencil through to the tip of the brows. Then, using the brush provided on the lid, combed and tidy the brows and softened any harsh lines created with the pencil. 

Lips
I began the lips by lining and filling in with the BYS Lip Liner in the shade French Pink, to prevent the colour of the lipstick bleeding and to ensure a lasting look. I then proceeded with Revlon's Colourstay Soft & Smooth Lipstick in Pink Indulgence.

And that's the complete look! There's quite a few steps, but the Kardashian's always have a very done up and flawless look, so the importance is in the detail! I hope this was easy to follow!


Khloe Kardashian image: Fashion Fame

33 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog, now following :)
    I love Khloe! Your hair is stunning by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed your blog yesterday, its so lovely :)

    Enter my jewellery giveaway at itsastyleissue.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely look! absolutely adore the kardashians :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely look, suits you well. :)
    Think many would agree to love the kardashian klan and also im a Kourtney lover, I do feel for Khloe, as she's probely the most real and down to earth. Being a lot more different to the others. But still a very pretty lady.
    Caroline.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's gorgeous, and has an amazing sense of humour. I really feel like I can relate to her, love Khloe!

      Delete
  5. this looks gorgeous! khloe is my fave, what a babe. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look great, but I don't like her so much...;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look stunning! major hair envy right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look, the eyes look gorgeous. You really suit this look and your hair is gorgeous!



    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great! I love your hair! have a nice week. :)

    www.the-ant-ler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always get such hair envy with you omggg! You look so beautiful!

    shabna x x
    http://scheine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so cute! Loving the look on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw i love the kardashians ! there all so beautiful, even though khloe gets stick over not being as thin as the others i think shes gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adore her, I swear Kim's a$$ is bigger than Khloe's anyway? hahah

      Delete
  13. I love this post. I'm a huge fan of the Kardashians and love Khloe's sense of humour and outlook on life. Your hair is gorgeous! xxx

    http://lickthegunwhenimdone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! you look so pretty! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great, detailed post. Love it!

    Also, I love your hair :) I'm a new follower! Can't wait for more posts!
    Ayesha x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow your make up looks fabulous, you are so good at it! Do you think a primer is essential? I'm trying to decide whether to get one or not. What else is essential? Thanks, I'd love to have amazing make up like you! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you have a good foundation, then a primer isn't essential, but others may differ with me. I've tired it myself, but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
      It's always important to get a decent powder to set your foundation too, makes such a difference to the foundation's lasting power.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  17. YOU look beautiful, i'd pick you over Khloe any day (none lesbian away obvs) <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great makeup!! You look amazing!

    Kisses Anne
    http://annenobody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's not the make-up I admire here, but your HAIR. Is it real or extensions?!
    Devon xx
    www.eightforawish.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I love the Kardashians so will definitely try out this look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a good job, amazing makeup and hair! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that you created her daytime look, I adore Khloe. Your hair is beautiful! Love the make up too. Thanks for sharing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. You could easily be a Kardashian with your looks, and you are much better looking than Khloe!
    Your hair is gorgeous by the way.

    Holli x
    Dragonmommy123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're so pretty!!
    Wish my makeup ever looked this good
    N xoxo
    http://breathebeautyfitness.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete