Blogroll

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Helplessness Blues


I went on a little shopping trip last week with the lovely Rebecca and picked up some well needed bits and bobs! Amongst spending stupid amounts of time in Topshop and Primark (as you do) I did manage to pick up some mother's day and birthday presents! I literally just typed out what I brought for my mum for mothers day - I'm so silly! You never know when she could lurk onto my blog and have a nosey!

Anyway, as you can see I choose to sport the ombre hair extensions, which I think I've only worn once since I actually did them! I have no idea why, because I was so so excited when I actually got round to buying a set and bleaching them! Eeesh anyway, love them, they're so long and make me feel like a mermaid! You can read my post on how I did them here.

I also wore my gold tip collar shirt from Select which I absolutely adore. And tucked it in to my new pleated skirt that I got in the New Look sale for 7 little pounds! Was so pleased when I bagged this little number, it's really light weight so perfect for Spring/Summer but can be smartened up so easily! I also just threw on this scarf I got from Primark a while a go now, and this long black blazer to keep warm, also from Primark!

Just to let you guys know, I've been short listed for British Style Blogger's 'Blogger of the Month' award and I'm so, so pleased! You can go here to see the 4 other lovely bloggers who have been short listed!

Finally, just a little question for you guys. I get a lot of comments on my hair, so was wondering what you guys think of me making a video on how I create this look (click here). If you like the idea, just leave a comment below letting me know so, and I'll probably get round to it next week! If it goes well, I may start filming more videos, but who knows! Thanks!

35 comments:

  1. Such a cute outfit. I have total hair envy!

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love your blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shirt and your hair looks amazing!

    http://iamlilybee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the shirt, i love select as its so cheap for great peices. I would love to see a video on your gorgeous hair! ;) And congratulations, ill defiantly check it out and pop in a vote for you hunnie! xo

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet heart! I'm just hoping if the site see my readers have made the effort to comment then they'll look favourably on me! Fingers crossed :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being shortlisted, you deserve it!
    Lovely outfit, that blouse is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blouse & congratulations on being short-listed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I love your blog, you deserve it! And I love this outfit, you always have the cutest style! And yes please show us how you do your hair, it's very pretty! :)
    xo Smitty

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shirt is so pretty! Congrats on being shortlisted, you so deserve it!
    And YES pleaaaase make a video on your hair agh!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being short listed! Fingers cross you'll go through to the next round ( if there is one lol ). Would definatly like to see future posts on your hair x

    www.k-dollface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I'm happy for you :) This is such a cute outfit. You look like Kylie Jenner, by the way. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to see a video on how you do your hair! :) I commented on the website, you deserve the award! Been looking for the perfect plain black pleated skirt like this one a while, hopefully it's in the sale at the new look near me aswell! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your support! yeah, definitely worth having a look - was such a bargain! there was also one on sale in H&M

      Delete
  12. You are just so stunning!! Extremely jealous you can pull of these outfits, I would look like a sack of potatos! Gorgeous!

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. HELLO! I had a lovelylovely time in town with you last week! Just want to apologise for me taking foreverrrrrrrrrr in Topshop, I really couldn't decide but I'm very happy with my little jumper and highlighter (thank you for reminding me about it, it's made me a very happy girl!).
    I loved what you were wearing, especially the collar of the shirt! I feel like a right muppet because I didn't even notice you had ombre hair extensions! But they're really nice and making me want some.
    Congratulations on being shortlisted missy, I'm sure you'll win! Looking forward to our next shopping trip or whatevzz soon!
    LOVEYAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh and totally forgot to say YES TO THE VIDEOS. I want to do some but really don't have anything good to record with! I'm coming round and we can do a joint one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous top! Love the collar. Hanan xxx

    http://handbagsandhijabs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are soooo gorgeous Marie and your shirt is amazing! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been looking for a blouse like yours for ever so long - I'll have to pop in and buy one (so much for not spending). Good luck with the BSB award!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really pretty outfit as always! Congratulations on being shortlisted!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the little gold tips on your shirt collar :) SO adorable! You have such a lovely blog! I would love to see a tutorial on how you do your hair too :)

    Love, Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blouse, alternate to the zara one that's way to expensive.lol will deffo have a look in select now!
    Love your hair as always, wish I could wake up to hair like that everyday.lol
    Spending ages in topshop and primark is a normality.. but looking at things in topshop then finding alternates cheaper in primark is well worth it! :)
    Caroline.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on being shortlisted, I'm in no way surprised! You are looking lovely as ever and I love your top! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being shortlisted :D Best of luck!
    And damnit, your hair is so freakin' beautiful, extensions or not.


    Devon x
    www.eightforawish.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty! Love the collar!!!! Amazing look - perfectly styled!

    PS. We’ve a $100 Giveaway to Vantage Point Vintage on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your shirt is amazing ♥
    www.tributetothetribe.com
    xoxo from Paris

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey, just found your blog and I think you have great style. Would love if you could check my blog out and if your interested we could follow each other, just follow me and leave me a comment xx
    great blog its lovely to find something new to read
    xx

    theheadlessstylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. gorgeous outfit :) LOVE the shirt.
    Kerys xx

    http://stylebykls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the scarf. And your top. your beautiful and I love your blog

    ReplyDelete